Department of Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering at JIS SCHOOL OF POLYTECHNNIC, Kalyani is a dynamic and growing department, with emphasis on the advancement of education and research in Civil Engineering field, keeping in mind the needs of the society and natural environments for a sustainable development.
Department of Civil Engineering is lively in equilibrium with its educational, technical, economical, disciplines and environmentally motivated continuously for excellence in education, research and educational service to the nation.
- Our core mission is to educate, inside and outside the classroom to achieve excellence in education and train the leaders of tomorrow.
- Our diploma programme aims to provide a great platform for learning by offering variety of subject choices covering broad/frontier areas of Civil Engineering.
- Civil Engineering at JIS SCHOOL OF POLYTECHNNIC , Kalyani is a dynamic and growing department, with emphasis on the advances of education and research in engineering education keeping in mind the needs of the built and natural environments for a sustainable development of the society.
Departmental Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To provide students with the knowledge of Basic Sciences, Engineering and Social Science in general and Civil Engineering in particular so as to impart the necessary skill for designing, estimating, planning, and various construction techniques.
- To prepare the students for social challenges and guide them to face the challenges and adopt the changes.
- To create an interest for self-learning, updating recent developments in the major area of study by way of in technical training and industrial visit and seminars.
- To prepare the students to successfully work in various organizations with professional competence to be able to handle critical situations and meet goals.
- To train the student’s to apply the knowledge of technical courses in order to carry out curriculum based laboratory experiments and team projects for their professional improvement.